sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Mon Sep 11 10:59 am  #1


Hurricane Music

Close your eyes and imagine yourself as the guy in charge of the music selection while a hurricane is trying to break down your radio station door.

Now open your eyes and post up the songs you would be playing during this event.

 

Mon Sep 11 11:03 am  #2


Re: Hurricane Music

The answer, my friend, is Blowin' In The Wind.

The answer is Blowin' In The Wind. 

 

Mon Sep 11 11:46 am  #3


Re: Hurricane Music

Hurricane - Bob Dylan

 

Mon Sep 11 12:47 pm  #4


Re: Hurricane Music

Are you kidding?  These days some millennial would take offence at playing music that pokes fun at the situation.

But first:

Red River Rock -- By the Hurricanes.  

 

 

Mon Sep 11 1:04 pm  #5


Re: Hurricane Music

Everyone knows it's "Windy."

Guess that's guilt by Association.

 

Mon Sep 11 1:47 pm  #6


Re: Hurricane Music

Peter the K wrote:

Are you kidding?  These days some millennial would take offence at playing music that pokes fun at the situation.

But first:

Red River Rock -- By the Hurricanes.  

 

Guy Smiley needs to stop being a Debbie Downer. 

     Thread Starter
 

Mon Sep 11 2:08 pm  #7


Re: Hurricane Music

Scorpions - Rock you like a Hurricane 

 

Mon Sep 11 2:15 pm  #8


Re: Hurricane Music


     Thread Starter
 

Mon Sep 11 2:22 pm  #9


Re: Hurricane Music

I love the Association they were an able band of fine musicians and like Bread they are unjustly decried as soft rock only.

Like a Hurricane - Neil Young
Talk To The Wind - King Crimson
The Wind - Circus Maximus
Four Days of Rain - The Flying Burrito Brothers
Lady Rain - Hall and Oates ( from Abandoned Luncheonette) 
Rain - The Beatles

Last edited by Fitz (Mon Sep 11 2:24 pm)


Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/
 

Mon Sep 11 2:31 pm  #10


 

Mon Sep 11 3:10 pm  #11


 

Mon Sep 11 3:41 pm  #12


Re: Hurricane Music


No Do Overs
 

Mon Sep 11 7:27 pm  #13


Re: Hurricane Music

Roxy Music's cover of Neil Young's "Like A Hurricane" from their live e.p. "The High Road."

And then "Avalon" from start to finish.... wrapping up with everything Genesis up to, and including "Trick of the Tail", except for their "Spot the Pigeon" e.p.

Last edited by betaylored (Mon Sep 11 7:35 pm)

 

Mon Sep 11 7:43 pm  #14


Re: Hurricane Music

Oh, Babe, What Would You Say and Who Was It by Hurricane Smith. 

 

Mon Sep 11 8:49 pm  #15


Re: Hurricane Music

Ride Like the Wind - Christopher Cross
Swept Away - Christopher Cross

Last edited by alangee (Mon Sep 11 8:52 pm)

 

Mon Sep 11 9:13 pm  #16


Re: Hurricane Music

betaylored wrote:

Roxy Music's cover of Neil Young's "Like A Hurricane" from their live e.p. "The High Road."

And then "Avalon" from start to finish.... wrapping up with everything Genesis up to, and including "Trick of the Tail", except for their "Spot the Pigeon" e.p.

Yes. I just love Trick (and W&W too). Always have, always will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0BxgyyfJCo
 


No Do Overs
 

Mon Sep 11 10:08 pm  #17


Re: Hurricane Music

grilled.cheese wrote:

Guy Smiley needs to stop being a Debbie Downer. 

In the words of Lurch the Butler, "I like being Miserable".

How about:

The Doors:  Riders on the storm
CCR: Bad Moon Risin'  (I hear hurricanes a blowin')
Lena Horne: Stormy Weather
Eurythmics: Here Comes the Rain Again




 

 

Tue Sep 12 5:20 am  #18


Re: Hurricane Music

Heck yes! Totally forgot W&W, "Afterglow".... what a love song.

And Peter Gabriel's "Here Comes The Flood" is also on my list.

tc143 wrote:

betaylored wrote:

Roxy Music's cover of Neil Young's "Like A Hurricane" from their live e.p. "The High Road."

And then "Avalon" from start to finish.... wrapping up with everything Genesis up to, and including "Trick of the Tail", except for their "Spot the Pigeon" e.p.

Yes. I just love Trick (and W&W too). Always have, always will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0BxgyyfJCo
 

 

 

Tue Sep 12 6:03 am  #19


Re: Hurricane Music

https://youtu.be/c81BjiTB_zE

Winds of Change - the Animals

Last edited by DeepTracks (Tue Sep 12 6:04 am)