sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Tue Sep 12 1:39 pm  #1

Stafford on Toronto Mike

http://www.torontomike.com/2017/09/toronto_miked_podcast_episode_265.html

Last edited by grilled.cheese (Tue Sep 12 1:39 pm)

Thu Sep 14 8:27 am  #2

Re: Stafford on Toronto Mike

Interesting music choices and good questions made the podcast well worth the time.

Lots of details from Staff about personal events over the summer, and whether he'd ever really consider the morning show. An added bonus: lots of little known details from Stafford about various musicians and song origins, including a poached/stolen bit of a melody.

Congrats to Great Lakes Brewery and Property In The 6ix for investing in and supporting Toronto Mike.

Up next for the podcast, according to his Twitter account, T.M. interviews the only other guy I listen to, and enjoy the heck out of, as much as Stafford, the lexical John Moore.

Thu Sep 14 8:32 am  #3

betaylored wrote:

Interesting music choices and good questions made the podcast well worth the time.

Lots of details from Staff about personal events over the summer, and whether he'd ever really consider the morning show. An added bonus: lots of little known details from Stafford about various musicians and song origins, including a poached/stolen bit of a melody.

Congrats to Great Lakes Brewery and Property In The 6ix for investing in and supporting Toronto Mike.

Up next for the podcast, according to his Twitter account, T.M. interviews the only other guy I listen to, and enjoy the heck out of, as much as Stafford, the lexical John Moore.

If Moore is - as you claim - lexical; what is Oakley then?  Be nice.

No Do Overs

Thu Sep 14 8:59 am  #4

If John Moore is a single malt Scotch, John Oakley is a crisp, cold, refreshing beer. He is as clever with words, and clearly enjoys using them, as much as John Moore does.

Lexical may or may not be grammerically correct (that's why I popped back on TBYB so soon.) I was going to change it to "wordsmith John Moore" which applies equally to Oakley.

tc143 wrote:

betaylored wrote:

If Moore is - as you claim - lexical; what is Oakley then?  Be nice.

Thu Sep 14 9:37 am  #5

JO is quite the wordsmith, he's too good for his panels.

Q: Moore in the Morning OR The Morning Show?

No Do Overs

Thu Sep 14 10:08 am  #6

tc143 wrote:

A:  Is that a serious question?

Thu Sep 14 12:43 pm  #7

Thank you grilled.cheese for sharing this episode with Stafford. It's his second visit... our initial deep dive is here.

There are dozens and dozens of longform chats with many radio veterans right here waiting for your ears. And yes, John Moore is visiting soon, as is Stephen Brunt and some other interesting people.

Here's a list of radio vets with episodes:

Roger Ashby
Strombo
David Marsden
Matt Galloway
Erin Davis
Stu Jeffries
Maureen Holloway
Jim Van Horne
Mike Richards
Elliotte Friedman
Joanne Wilder
Josie Dye
Jeff Woods
Todd Shapiro
Mike Wilner
Jason Barr
Steve Anthony
Jay "Maddog" Michaels
Billie Holiday
Eric Smith
Alan Cross
Humble and Fred
Jesse and Gene
Rick Hodge
Maie Pauts
Ingrid Schumacher
Greg Brady
Larry Fedoruk
Howard Berger
Norm Rumack
Adam Ricard
Roz Weston
Mocha Frap
Hugh Burrill
Mike Toth
KJ
Kid Craig
Kelly Cutrara
Scot Turner
Raina Douris
Andrew Walker
Barb DiGiulio
Bob Mackowycz, Jr.
Amber Gero
Colleen Rusholme
Bill Hayes
Craig "Lobster Boy" Venn
Blind Derek Welsman
Lou Schizas
Dani Stover
Jim Richards
John Downs
Don Landry
Richard Syrett
Nelson Millman
Bingo Bob Willette
Siobhan Morris
Roger Lajoie
Jeff Sammut
Barry Taylor
Ivar Hamilton
David Alter
Pete Fowler
Bob Callahan

Please enjoy responsibly. 

Last edited by torontomike (Thu Sep 14 12:43 pm)

Thu Sep 14 12:45 pm  #8

If anyone has any interest in hearing the stories of legendary west coast broadcasters, my series of "Radiographies" is on bcradiohistory.com under "Interviews by Cleaver."

Thu Sep 14 12:48 pm  #9

torontomike wrote:

Thank you grilled.cheese for sharing this episode with Stafford. It's his second visit... our initial deep dive is here.

Mike, Is there any chance you can have the one and only, Frank D'Angelo in for a jam session?

Thu Sep 14 12:50 pm  #10

grilled.cheese wrote:

torontomike wrote:

Mike, Is there any chance you can have the one and only, Frank D'Angelo in for a jam session?

I'm not sure my insurance would cover it.

Thu Sep 14 6:04 pm  #11

Charlie wrote:

tc143 wrote:

A:  Is that a serious question?

Jesus no.

No Do Overs