sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 1, 2018 10:42 am  #1

Take a breath, Matt

Is it possible to talk too much when you're a talk radio host?  In place of Stafford, I've been listening to Matt Gurney on 640.  I find it exhausting.  Either take more calls, or slow down, or just take a breath once in a while.  And Matt, respectfully, it's not all about YOU.  You don't have to preface every topic with some anecdote that personally connects you to the topic.  I'll stick around a while longer, but I don't want listening to radio to seem like work.  I'm not getting paid.

March 1, 2018 12:12 pm  #2

Re: Take a breath, Matt

I enjoyed hearing callers today.

March 1, 2018 12:41 pm  #3

Charlie wrote:

And Matt, respectfully, it's not all about YOU.  You don't have to preface every topic with some anecdote that personally connects you to the topic.

He (and Sapria(sp)) did that relentlessly on the morning show. It was verbose and tedious.

While it may not be fair, yet, to expect perfection, this shuffling of the deck chairs on the SS 640 Titanic ist't working.  Stafford is too restricted and just doesn't sound like he's enjoying himself. His co-host is redundant. And Matt is trying to impersonate Agar. Throw Mike back to his old shift, fire Sapria (sp), Matt, Tashia and Oakley. Put in Kelly on AM drive, get Peter Shurman on afternoons and (it's a long shot) put John Moore on PM drive.

March 1, 2018 2:03 pm  #4

grilled.cheese wrote:

I enjoyed hearing callers today.

Me too.  It was a welcome break.