sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Tue Mar 6 2:24 pm  #1


Predictions for Wednesday's Numeris Toronto Winter PPM Rating results

The PPM Winter ratings conducted November 27, 2017 to February 25, 2018 are released tomorrow morning (Wednesday March 7) for Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver.

The easy prediction is that CHFI will see a rating's increase because of its 24-hour Christmas music play list.

Who will be up, down or hold the Fall 2017 rankings A12+

Let the fun start before the results are released around 10am Wednesday.

kowchmedia will post results sometime between Wednesday and Thursday. 

Last edited by kowchmedia (Tue Mar 6 2:29 pm)

 

Tue Mar 6 2:29 pm  #2


Re: Predictions for Wednesday's Numeris Toronto Winter PPM Rating results

It's such a brutally flawed system.  Remember the year the students got hold of a couple of diaries and CFMX was #1 in all demos everywhere?   Wonder where the rogue PPM units ended up for this book?

I'd rather gamble on something where there's a chance of the odds being at least understandable, like maybe 6/49 or Super7.


Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.
 
 

Tue Mar 6 2:33 pm  #3


Re: Predictions for Wednesday's Numeris Toronto Winter PPM Rating results

I'll take odds that 640's numbers are historically even lower.

 

Tue Mar 6 2:36 pm  #4


Re: Predictions for Wednesday's Numeris Toronto Winter PPM Rating results

cGrant wrote:

I'll take odds that 640's numbers are historically even lower.

These numbers are from before Stafford moved to improve the morning show, which he has.
Now, it's only awful HALF the time.
 

 

Tue Mar 6 3:05 pm  #5


Re: Predictions for Wednesday's Numeris Toronto Winter PPM Rating results

Charlie wrote:

These numbers are from before Stafford moved to improve the morning show, which he has.
Now, it's only awful HALF the time.

True, the NEXT book will be interesting. That said, I sadly disagree about the new morning drive. "Half the time" is still part of the whole, and the whole isn't working. She adds nothing. And, he is not in his element. Previously, he has repeatedly stated he hates doing interviews and doesn't want mornings. Well... here, he's doing both -- very unenthusiastically. He thrives on taking calls and being less restrictive than the drive clock provides.

Beyond that, his replacement at 9 am is a VERY dry listen. Bland, no personality. Tedious. Rare calls. All in all, the whole realignment isn't working. The exception is that overnighter, "The Shit with Dredge". 
 

 

Tue Mar 6 10:58 pm  #6


Re: Predictions for Wednesday's Numeris Toronto Winter PPM Rating results

cGrant wrote:

True, the NEXT book will be interesting. That said, I sadly disagree about the new morning drive. "Half the time" is still part of the whole, and the whole isn't working. She adds nothing. And, he is not in his element. Previously, he has repeatedly stated he hates doing interviews and doesn't want mornings. Well... here, he's doing both -- very unenthusiastically. He thrives on taking calls and being less restrictive than the drive clock provides.

Beyond that, his replacement at 9 am is a VERY dry listen. Bland, no personality. Tedious. Rare calls. All in all, the whole realignment isn't working. The exception is that overnighter, "The Shit with Dredge". 
 

I think the morning show on AM 640 sounds a lot better now and it is fine the way it is.
I'm actually going to go do some shopping at Lowes instead of Home Depot now because AM 640 said so.
I like the new morning show that much!

 

 

Tue Mar 6 11:25 pm  #7


Re: Predictions for Wednesday's Numeris Toronto Winter PPM Rating results

It's going to be disappointing for 640 and The Move. It's going to be monstrous for CHFI. Q and Boom jostling for position, as are Virgin and Kiss. Everything else is pretty much status quo. (Yes; I've seen them)

 

Tue Mar 6 11:51 pm  #8


Re: Predictions for Wednesday's Numeris Toronto Winter PPM Rating results

Don wrote:

It's going to be disappointing for 640 and The Move.

Hey Don can you be a little more specific please.
The Move? In what way?
The "We never should have changed the name and format of flow" way?
Or will it be one of those "at least we're doing better than we did as flow..." moments...even if it's still cause for tweaking of some sort...? 


 

 

Tue Mar 6 11:56 pm  #9


Re: Predictions for Wednesday's Numeris Toronto Winter PPM Rating results

The Move in that they changed the format in a logical way (Throwbacks to Rhythmic CHR) and then didn't change the name or tell anyone. It's a bad one for them.

 

Wed Mar 7 1:21 am  #10


Re: Predictions for Wednesday's Numeris Toronto Winter PPM Rating results

Don wrote:

The Move in that they changed the format in a logical way (Throwbacks to Rhythmic CHR) and then didn't change the name or tell anyone. It's a bad one for them.

Um yeah, one would think Move could do with more than just Now magazine to get the word out...
https://nowtoronto.com/music/the-move-goes-back-to-playing-hip-hop-flow/