sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 5, 2019 9:23 am  #1

Bob Cole Ends 50 Year Hockey Broadcasting Career With Final Game

The veteran broadcaster's final game on Saturday seems only appropriate - the Leafs vs. the Canadiens. He's been doing it for an amazing 50 years, which I think puts him longer at his post than the legendary Foster Hewitt.

Half a century. That's quite a run in any business, but especially broadcasting. 

Cole humbled by attention to final 'Hockey Night in Canada' broadcast

April 5, 2019 3:09 pm  #2

Re: Bob Cole Ends 50 Year Hockey Broadcasting Career With Final Game

SO many nights spent listening to Bob.  I really enjoyed the games with him and Harry Neale.  Neale's sense of humour kept cracking Bob up all the time.  It's a well deserved retirement but I get the feeling Cole would do 50 more if they let him.

April 5, 2019 3:19 pm  #3

Agreed, Cole is a legend and a gentleman.  He and Neale were a great team (so was Bowen/Neale).  Bob has called nearly every important game i've ever watched.  Did i read somewhere that he is or is thinking about calling minor games in NL?

April 5, 2019 11:17 pm  #4

A true legend.  He will be missed; but 50 years; or half a century of doing your job well is indeed a long time.  Not enough for us fans of Mr. Cole.

April 6, 2019 6:14 pm  #5

Bob Cole was, quite simply, one of the best. Ever.

April 6, 2019 6:29 pm  #6

classy HNIC tribute.  not over the top mushy.  i particularly liked McLean's personal story after about Bob's fondness for Signal Hill..