sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 4, 2020 11:43 am  #1


WNED & WBFO Buffalo Put Toronto In Their Corporate Name

Another acknowledgement that much of their on air fund raising comes in Canadian dollars!

A brand change for Buffalo's public broadcasting stations embraces Canada

 

February 4, 2020 12:12 pm  #2


Re: WNED & WBFO Buffalo Put Toronto In Their Corporate Name

RadioActive wrote:

Another acknowledgement that much of their on air fund raising comes in Canadian dollars!

A brand change for Buffalo's public broadcasting stations embraces Canada

The outline link is not working.

When posting paywall-bypass links, you should also include the original because the bypass links tend not to age well. as the content owners fight back. With the original at least people can try it with a different tool or maybe even are subscribers.

 

February 4, 2020 12:31 pm  #3


Re: WNED & WBFO Buffalo Put Toronto In Their Corporate Name

I just tried it and it works for me. Sorry you're having trouble with it. 

The Buffalo News has a limited amount of page views per month. I was hoping the outline link would make it more accessible for everyone. The original can be found here

     Thread Starter
 

February 4, 2020 2:43 pm  #4


Re: WNED & WBFO Buffalo Put Toronto In Their Corporate Name

RadioActive wrote:

I just tried it and it works for me. Sorry you're having trouble with it. 

The Buffalo News has a limited amount of page views per month. I was hoping the outline link would make it more accessible for everyone. The original can be found here

Just opened the Outline link with no problems.  I also use it for the Buffalo News when my free article limit is reached.
 

Last edited by Media Observer (February 4, 2020 2:54 pm)

 

February 4, 2020 3:48 pm  #5


Re: WNED & WBFO Buffalo Put Toronto In Their Corporate Name

RadioActive wrote:

I just tried it and it works for me. Sorry you're having trouble with it. 

The Buffalo News has a limited amount of page views per month. I was hoping the outline link would make it more accessible for everyone. The original can be found here

It looks like my ad blocker munges the outline link. it works fine with it disabled.
It is still probably prudent to post the original, if only for the sake of the long life of the post. Sites develop workarounds for Outline and other bypassers over time, so a hypothetical future user might need to do his/her own manipulation to follow the link.

Last edited by 6079 Smith W (February 4, 2020 3:50 pm)

 

February 4, 2020 4:37 pm  #6


Re: WNED & WBFO Buffalo Put Toronto In Their Corporate Name

You may also notice a change when you watch Channel 17. According to a press release, the station will now be I.D.d  as WNED PBS while WNED 94.5 is now WNED Classical.

                               New logo:
https://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/wbfo/files/styles/x_large/public/202002/corportae_logo.png

     Thread Starter
 

February 6, 2020 11:20 pm  #7


Re: WNED & WBFO Buffalo Put Toronto In Their Corporate Name

In my area (central Etobicoke), WBFO is completely wiped out by 88.9's HD signal and WNED-FM is mostly wiped out by 94.7's HD signal.

Too bad.  I miss WBFO's Saturday and Sunday night blues when I'm in the car.  HD radio might be cool and all but the in-band implementation really sucks.
 

Last edited by mjf (February 6, 2020 11:21 pm)

 

February 7, 2020 8:23 am  #8


Re: WNED & WBFO Buffalo Put Toronto In Their Corporate Name

mjf wrote:

In my area (central Etobicoke), WBFO is completely wiped out by 88.9's HD signal and WNED-FM is mostly wiped out by 94.7's HD signal.

Too bad.  I miss WBFO's Saturday and Sunday night blues when I'm in the car.  HD radio might be cool and all but the in-band implementation really sucks.
 

Will not help in the car but both WBFO and WNED FM are carried on the Rogers digital TV box which I guess no one listens to.

BTW does anyone know the technology behind Rogers ability to receive and send out a clear signal of these stations and others like the Jack outlet from Vancouver ?

Internet streams ?
 


Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/
 

February 10, 2020 6:09 pm  #9


Re: WNED & WBFO Buffalo Put Toronto In Their Corporate Name

RadioActive wrote:

Another acknowledgement that much of their on air fund raising comes in Canadian dollars!

A brand change for Buffalo's public broadcasting stations embraces Canada

KSPS in Spokane, Washington does a similar thing. The station is still branded as "KSPS/PBS", but it mentions "Spokane/Coeur D'alene/Calgary/Edmonton" on the station IDs.