sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2021 12:05 am  #31

Re: The next host of Jeopardy is?

MJ Vancouver wrote:

I’ve been watching Jeopardy on Netflix. They have a bunch of episodes from 2017 up right now. I’ve been watching those instead of Dr. Oz this week.

I've been watching Dr. Oz's guest host episodes this week and he seems alright but may not be fit for a permanent Jeopardy! host. As for Netflix carrying Jeopardy! episodes from from 2017 which wasn't too long ago, too bad they (Netflix) doesn't have any Jeopardy! episodes from the start in 1984, including pilot episodes and the Art Fleming era which would be awesome to have! I found a few J! Alex Trebek full episodes online from the start on YouTube and other sites, unfortunately some of the Fleming episodes may be permanently gone.

Last edited by Scorpio42 (March 27, 2021 12:07 am)

March 27, 2021 12:33 am  #32

According to Fandom.com, Season 37 of Jeopardy! concludes on August 13, 2021. Summer repeats begin on August 16, 2021.

Jeopardy! Timeline (syndicated version)/Season 37
https://jeopardyhistory.fandom.com/wiki/Jeopardy!_Timeline_(syndicated_version)/Season_37

I can't seem to find anymore info anywhere else online but I would be interested to know what episodes will be aired during the summer 2021 reruns. I'm guessing but I can't be 100% sure that it may be Ken Jennings' guest host shows from January or possibly the last few weeks of Alex Trebek's episodes to his final episode which was aired January 8, 2021 taped prior to his death in November 2020. Would be ideal if they can rerun Trebek's final weeks on Jeopardy! with his final episode aired before the start of the 38th season with a new host.

March 27, 2021 2:58 pm  #33

Scorpio42 wrote:

MJ Vancouver wrote:

I’ve been watching Jeopardy on Netflix. They have a bunch of episodes from 2017 up right now. I’ve been watching those instead of Dr. Oz this week.

I've been watching Dr. Oz's guest host episodes this week and he seems alright but may not be fit for a permanent Jeopardy! host. As for Netflix carrying Jeopardy! episodes from from 2017 which wasn't too long ago, too bad they (Netflix) doesn't have any Jeopardy! episodes from the start in 1984, including pilot episodes and the Art Fleming era which would be awesome to have! I found a few J! Alex Trebek full episodes online from the start on YouTube and other sites, unfortunately some of the Fleming episodes may be permanently gone.

From my understanding virtually all of the Fleming era episodes are gone, with a couple of exceptions that are on YouTube.

It was due to NBC’s practice back then of erasing and re-using tapes. Videotape was very, very expensive back then.

April 2, 2021 10:12 pm  #34

MJ Vancouver wrote:

Scorpio42 wrote:

MJ Vancouver wrote:

From my understanding virtually all of the Fleming era episodes are gone, with a couple of exceptions that are on YouTube.

It was due to NBC’s practice back then of erasing and re-using tapes. Videotape was very, very expensive back then.

Actually, there are at least fourteen Art Fleming episodes that still exist. A copy of the pilot episode is held at the Paley Centre For Media. The UCLA Film & Television Archives has three episodes from early 1967, five episodes from Mar/Apr 1971 and five episodes from Mar/Apr 1973. I found an Aug 1968 episode on youtube and I believe the series finale from Jan 3, 1975 can be found also.

April 2, 2021 10:20 pm  #35

As for last week, Channel 4 and Yes TV were showing old episodes with Trebeck at 7:30 on Saturday night.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

April 2, 2021 11:10 pm  #36

For quick glance reference without having to search for a link:

https://www.jeopardy.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_image_960_/public/2021-03/Guest%20Host%20Schedule%20Graphic%20and%20Carousel%20Video_JK_03_0.jpg?itok=Oc2Tuxqv

April 7, 2021 2:21 pm  #37

Stephen Colbert on Twitter today " I think Levar Burton should host Jeopardy! As Geordi LaForge. And the buzzers should be phasers. And Data should be the judge and it should be in space. And just be Star Trek."

Sounds good to me. Though Newstalk 1010's whip smart and funny Robert Turner and others would definitely prefer characters from that other franchise, Star Bores.

Yesterday 8:41 am  #38

They finished with an NFL star and are now looking at a great baseball announcer to give the questions - er, the answers.

Joe Buck to join list of Jeopardy guest hosts