sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Tue Aug 29 9:45 am  #1


AM 640 looks to expand

Although the station has had a few attempts at a live show weekdays 7p-10p, it looks like they're serious this time: http://www.corusent.com/careers/talk-show-host-intermediate/

 

Tue Aug 29 11:09 am  #2


Re: AM 640 looks to expand

Given that they're focused on Ontario's talk for that shift rather than Toronto's talk, it just might be that they are preparing for extra staff to cover the Ontario election coming up in 2018, maybe??

 

Tue Aug 29 12:24 pm  #3


Re: AM 640 looks to expand

Thanks for the tip.  I'll gather my MP3's and send 'em in.

 

Tue Aug 29 3:11 pm  #4


Re: AM 640 looks to expand

My guess is they can justify having a live body in the chair 7 to 10p by doing the show via network across a few stations than doing a local only show.   I will give them credit there vs the endless un-original rerun wheel that majority of the stations involved do now.

Last edited by radiokid (Tue Aug 29 3:12 pm)

 

Tue Aug 29 4:27 pm  #5


Re: AM 640 looks to expand

Andrew Lawton?  Michael Coren?  Chris Stockwell?  Whatever happened to Arlene Bynon?

 

Tue Aug 29 4:37 pm  #6


Re: AM 640 looks to expand

Shockingly, they aren't resorting to their usual stable of having bored bunnies, receptionists, janitors, the guy that hangs at Corus Quay wearing nothing but a pair of mukluks and a traffic cone on his head to fill in.

     Thread Starter
 

Tue Aug 29 5:22 pm  #7


Re: AM 640 looks to expand

cGrant wrote:

Shockingly, they aren't resorting to their usual stable of having bored bunnies, receptionists, janitors, the guy that hangs at Corus Quay wearing nothing but a pair of mukluks and a traffic cone on his head to fill in.

Peter Shurman looks spiffy in his mukluks and traffic cone!

 

Tue Aug 29 9:18 pm  #8


Re: AM 640 looks to expand

...like the waistlines of their aged audience.

 

Wed Aug 30 6:38 am  #9


Re: AM 640 looks to expand

Charlie wrote:

Andrew Lawton?  Michael Coren?  Chris Stockwell?  Whatever happened to Arlene Bynon?

Hopefully they are all gainfully employed & happy there.


No Do Overs
 

Wed Aug 30 6:49 am  #10


Re: AM 640 looks to expand

tc143 wrote:

Charlie wrote:

Andrew Lawton?  Michael Coren?  Chris Stockwell?  Whatever happened to Arlene Bynon?

Hopefully they are all gainfully employed & happy there.

Not a fan, huh?  Hey, maybe Dougie Ford could use it as his bully pulpit, as he embarks on another ego-fed run at his late brother's old job!
 

 

Wed Aug 30 7:10 am  #11


Re: AM 640 looks to expand

Chrisphen wrote:

...like the waistlines of their aged audience.

Don't trust anyone under thirty
 

 

Wed Aug 30 6:44 pm  #12


Re: AM 640 looks to expand

geo wrote:

Chrisphen wrote:

...like the waistlines of their aged audience.

Don't trust anyone under thirty
 

30 years of age or 30" waist?


No Do Overs