sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 11, 2019 4:01 pm  #31

Re: CFMJ Changes

This was one of a few staff cuts made last week by the Sugar Beach suits as part of the quarter annual media purge.  There were other "behind the scenes' people who we told that the company was very grateful for their contributions, but we the company no longer require your services.

This is going on so frequently at Bell/Rogers/Corus et al, that you are probably not aware half the time it has happened.

Observe that you will find the voices on the radio and the faces on the TV will become one in the same.

February 15, 2019 9:19 am  #32

Interesting comment from Stafford around 8:15 AM on Friday. He was doing the morning show solo and asked people to stop texting him about going back to his old post-drivetime program 

"I'm not going to 9 o'clock," he vowed. "The ratings for the show have tripled and we're beating the competition in key demos." Besides, he says he likes working with his current co-host. The only thing he hates - getting up at 3! 

With all the tumult at Corus Quay over the last week, I've also heard the rumours about Stafford returning to his old slot. With that pronouncement, it appears he's put those whispers to rest. At least for now. 

February 15, 2019 10:29 am  #33

RadioActive wrote:

"I'm not going to 9 o'clock," he vowed. "The ratings for the show have tripled and we're beating the competition in key demos."  

Out of curiosity what demos are John Moore and Jerry Agar struggling with?

February 15, 2019 10:48 am  #34

When was the last time 640 went a whole day with their regular hosts?  Shurman, Bynon and now even Steve LeDrew seem to be on most of the time these days, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

February 15, 2019 4:45 pm  #35

Chorus' Format? Mighty Joke.

February 16, 2019 11:11 am  #36

Stafford is right. Anyone with access to PPM numbers can see 1010 is getting killed by 640 in adults 25-54, and adults 35-54. In the latter demo, it’s not even close for morning drive. For all the griping on here, Stafford & Supriya clearly have traction and have been gaining on - and ultimately overtaking - 1010 in key money demos for the past 12 months. Frankly, they deserve the audience they’ve acquired, and continue to grow. They do a great show.

None of this is confidential information, by the way.

The same is true for middays, afternoon drive, and evenings. 640 has a commanding lead.

The folks at 1010 have a lot of work to do if they want to reverse these trends, and I’m curious to see how they do it.

Last edited by enness (February 16, 2019 11:11 am)

February 21, 2019 11:21 am  #37

Tasha is out 

importantMoreNews! After 3 wonderful years I will be leaving my show at @am640. I have decided that March 1st will be my final program but will continue to work with #Corus and @globalnews as a writer and contributor on radio and television, as well as pursue other opportunities.

Last edited by grilled.cheese (February 21, 2019 11:21 am)

February 21, 2019 11:21 am  #38

Thank you to everyone at @640 from board ops to producers to hosts to bosses; you are the best colleagues ever! And all the listeners who tuned in and talked: it has been a privilege and a pleasure to spend time with you every day. Keep listening! More good things to come.

February 21, 2019 11:34 am  #39

grilled.cheese wrote:

Tasha is out 

importantMoreNews! After 3 wonderful years I will be leaving my show at @am640. I have decided that March 1st will be my final program but will continue to work with #Corus and @globalnews as a writer and contributor on radio and television, as well as pursue other opportunities.

Whatever they do, please only keep Edward Keenan as a sub.  His filling in today from 9 to noon has been cringe-worthy.

February 21, 2019 11:39 am  #40

enness wrote:

1010 is getting killed by 640 in adults 25-54, and adults 35-54. In the latter demo, it’s not even close for morning drive 

Do you agree that turnout for D. Trump's inauguration parade was h-u-g-e and attendance for Obama was just a fraction of Trump's?   

February 21, 2019 2:06 pm  #41

Interesting in light of the ratings win for 640am that they are reorganizing their line up, whereas 1010 remains the same ... Curious.

February 21, 2019 4:43 pm  #42

Kilgore wrote:

enness wrote:

1010 is getting killed by 640 in adults 25-54, and adults 35-54. In the latter demo, it’s not even close for morning drive 

Do you agree that turnout for D. Trump's inauguration parade was h-u-g-e and attendance for Obama was just a fraction of Trump's?   

Trump in 2017 got about a-third Obama's attendance in 2009, according to one independent analysis.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/24/14354036/crowds-presidential-inaugurations-trump-average

"The radio craze ... will soon fade." - Thomas Edison, 1922