sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 21, 2020 8:42 am  #1


Family Endures 6 Yrs. Hearing Phantom Radio Stn. - Through The Walls

This isn't local but it has to be my favourite story of the week. It comes from the Chicago area, where a family has been forced to listen to a religious radio station - sometimes in the middle of the night - that they never tune in but can't turn off. It literally comes through the walls intermittently and so far, six years in, no one has been able to figure out why.

The 3:56 video is definitely worth a watch. 
 
Family says mysterious voices, music come out of their house's walls; local radio station may be source

 

February 21, 2020 8:55 am  #2


Re: Family Endures 6 Yrs. Hearing Phantom Radio Stn. - Through The Walls

Hi RA,
If you've ever driven on the QEW to the Falls, in Grimsby 680's towers are within spitting distance in front of a 6 story condo. I've always wondered if the RF from the 50K blowtorch in their front view would affect the health of the owners.    Just asking?

 

February 21, 2020 8:57 am  #3


Re: Family Endures 6 Yrs. Hearing Phantom Radio Stn. - Through The Walls

I used to occasionally pick up a bible station on my guitar amplifier when I ran through an overdrive effects pedal turned all the way up (to 11, natch).

 

February 21, 2020 8:58 am  #4


Re: Family Endures 6 Yrs. Hearing Phantom Radio Stn. - Through The Walls

The Foxer wrote:

Hi RA,
If you've ever driven on the QEW to the Falls, in Grimsby 680's towers are within spitting distance in front of a 6 story condo. I've always wondered if the RF from the 50K blowtorch in their front view would affect the health of the owners.    Just asking?

To say nothing of the condo dwellers within spitting distance of the CN Tower...

 

February 24, 2020 10:11 am  #5


Re: Family Endures 6 Yrs. Hearing Phantom Radio Stn. - Through The Walls

I empathize with that family. We have been in our condo apartment for six years,and the family below us has been in theirs for at least ten. We occasionly hear a faint broadcast feed of some sort, coming thru the wall in our bedroom. The couple downstairs say they have no tv or radio playing,but they have heard it too. We have checked piping,wiring,framing and all..still no answer. Weird.https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons3/blink.png


 

Last edited by BossRadio (February 24, 2020 10:12 am)

 

February 24, 2020 10:20 am  #6


Re: Family Endures 6 Yrs. Hearing Phantom Radio Stn. - Through The Walls

Chrisphen wrote:

I used to occasionally pick up a bible station on my guitar amplifier when I ran through an overdrive effects pedal turned all the way up (to 11, natch).

Do you recall if you were playing "Don't Fear the Reaper" when this occurred? 
 

 

February 24, 2020 11:45 am  #7


Re: Family Endures 6 Yrs. Hearing Phantom Radio Stn. - Through The Walls

Glen Warren wrote:

Chrisphen wrote:

I used to occasionally pick up a bible station on my guitar amplifier when I ran through an overdrive effects pedal turned all the way up (to 11, natch).

Do you recall if you were playing "Don't Fear the Reaper" when this occurred? 
 

War Pigs, IIRC. Or some such Sabbath-y sludge.