sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 8, 2020 6:32 pm  #1

Roz and Mocha - Mornings in Winnipeg

We've been talking a lot about syndicated morning shows lately, but I believe this is just the 3rd recent example of mornings going syndicated in one of Canada's bigger markets, and a first for Rogers.

Kiss 92.5's Roz and Mocha are now heard mornings on Kiss 102.3 Winnipeg. They've also been on Kiss 102.7 "Kingston" in the morning for a couple years.

The only other bigger market morning show shared in this way is the Rock 101 Vancouver show airing in Calgary and Edmonton, I think. 

Am I missing any others? (Quebec notwithstanding) 

September 8, 2020 6:39 pm  #2

Re: Roz and Mocha - Mornings in Winnipeg

Can't think of any others.. 

Also interesting to note that Sarah Nick, who was let go from Evanov's "Energy" morning show in Winnipeg two weeks ago, has already started working for rival "Kiss" in Winnipeg on the evening show. 
Do they not have non-competes out there?? Regardless, good for her for finding work so quickly.. especially during the pandemic. 

September 8, 2020 7:01 pm  #3

It looks like they kept the former morning show people and tossed them on other shifts, letting others go.
https://www.kiss1023.ca/shows/ 
6-9pm weekdays is still a two person team, so cuts are not as deep as it may seem.

September 8, 2020 7:49 pm  #4

Radiowiz wrote:

6-9pm weekdays is still a two person team, so cuts are not as deep as it may seem.

Recorded in Kitchener. 

September 9, 2020 1:31 am  #5

torontostan wrote:

Can't think of any others.. 

Stingray is doing this. too.  Casey Clarke's Kamloops morning show is syndicated to smaller markets in BC, Vinnie & Randi's Red Deer morning show is syndicated to smaller markets in Alberta and Katie & Ed from Calgary are syndicated to two other markets in the morning and six more across the country during the evening.